*to Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
Κυνόσαργες

Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lemond Croix de Fer Credit Card Tourer

If I only had the time to tour, having kids under five, but never mind that.

I did have the time to tinker and change from the original 2006 Lemond Croix de Fer Triple:
- saddle and seatpost
- fork and medium-reach front brake
- crank and bottom bracket (Sugino OX801d), front derailleur and pedals
- tires
- bar tape and light centre-mount
- bottles and cages
- fenders (not all shown)
- cassette to 12-27
- shift cables and housing

What I might yet change, but really needn't:
- a proper frame pump as the bike has a pump-peg
- wheels, except these have given me no trouble
- rear derailleur doesn't need a long cage, but then again it works
- brake cables when I redo the bar tape

You may see function trumps form, though I try to avoid ugly.  If anything catches your curiosity I will detail it, otherwise I'll let the pictures speak.

Yes, my photography is shit.  I already have a wife who can tell me that.  Don't tell me the seatpost clamp is backwards: it is to allow a Revelate Designs seat bag.  Don't tell me the bottles are 'wrong': I don't drink plastic.  No, I am not going to put the handlebars lower.  Etc.

















Previous posts about this bike:
- 'Road Bike: Randonneuring Bike'
- 'Club-Racer to Randonneur/Credit-Card-Touring Hack'
- 'Faux-Randonnuer: final set-up?'
- 'Fork!'
- 'You pay either way'
- 'Final road bike gearing?


No comments:

Post a Comment